One of a kind sure is

saleen 192

Core Member
1580996770308.png

Looks tidy, not seen it around.

not seen it at wheelsday type of show for something like this my have been at bromley ????

Like them or not, I don't think you can be British and not appreciate a Ford Anglia! Same for classic Minis.
To me that's like saying you don't like Barbara Windsor! Lol
I bought a 105E from a guy I worked with about 15 years ago for £100! I kept it for a couple of years but didn't have time to touch it. I sold it on eBay for £550! BIG mistake :rolleyes:

Sorry Will, can’t stand either!
Fair enough mate... When did you move to the UK? lol ;).
By both I take it you mean Anglias and Minis, surely, you don't dislike old Babs too?? :cry:
Seriously, are there any British classic cars you like?

Fair enough mate... When did you move to the UK? lol ;).
By both I take it you mean Anglias and Minis, surely, you don't dislike old Babs too?? :cry:
Seriously, are there any British classic cars you like?

Rover P5b, Capri, Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Think that’s about it. And I hate front wheel drive with a vengeance, awful handling and torque steer at least until recently. Whoever first put steering and power on the same axle should be shot but they are probably already dead from crashing a fwd car!!

Rover P5b, Capri, Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Think that’s about it. And I hate front wheel drive with a vengeance, awful handling and torque steer at least until recently. Whoever first put steering and power on the same axle should be shot but they are probably already dead from crashing a fwd car!!
Blimey!!! :oops: your'e Mr Marmite lol :LOL:
Yep, I like the old P5 Coupe and deffo a Capri, especially the 3 litre (y).
But I'm not saying I would rather have a classic INSTEAD of my modern and refined daily driver. Most classic cars will have abundant inadequacies over most modern cars. But that's not what owning a classic is all about is it? Someone doesn't buy a 64 Mini or a Mk1 Cortina in the hope that it might have more comfy seats, air con, or handle better than a 2015 Mondeo. It's mostly about nostalgia; because their Dad had one when they were a kid, or maybe they did when they were younger or have long been in love with its shape.
Case in point, I love loads of them, but until relatively recently, many American cars had long been considered quick in a striaght line but a joke at cornering. But I'd still have a stock 77 Trans Am in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
Why on earth did you start on about modern cars and their conveniences??
You asked me what classic British I like, I answered and there are very few.
Even as I kid I lusted after big cars with big engines and looked down my nose at the pathetic fwd crap that British manufacturers were churning out. I guess nothing has changed for me?

How about a V8 front wheel drive, 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado, didn't caddy bring out an Eldorado that was front wheel drive too?

Why on earth did you start on about modern cars and their conveniences??
You asked me what classic British I like, I answered and there are very few.
Even as I kid I lusted after big cars with big engines and looked down my nose at the pathetic fwd crap that British manufacturers were churning out. I guess nothing has changed for me?
Well, only because we had been talking about classic cars and you mentioned the handling being crap on FWD cars "until recently". (Which isn't true of a Mini BTW). I took that to mean that you were comparing them with modern cars. That was all.

I'm sure the son of Sir Alec Issigonis would be sad to hear you'd have shot his dad for his work! Lol :oops:

Well, only because we had been talking about classic cars and you mentioned the handling being crap on FWD cars "until recently". (Which isn't true of a Mini BTW). I took that to mean that you were comparing them with modern cars. That was all.

I'm sure the son of Sir Alec Issigonis would be sad to hear you'd have shot his dad for his work! Lol :oops:

Fwd cars don’t handle. They get pulled around corners and that includes the mini!! Atrocious invention that only exists due to then increasing number of women drivers stuffing rear drive cars and demanding space for the shopping!!!
I thought there was a brass car that was fwd long before Sir Alec imposed his satanism on everyone but fortunately never caught on at the time. Sure I remember seeing something on Chasing Classic Cars.

Fwd cars don’t handle. They get pulled around corners and that includes the mini!! Atrocious invention that only exists due to then increasing number of women drivers stuffing rear drive cars and demanding space for the shopping!!!
I thought there was a brass car that was fwd long before Sir Alec imposed his satanism on everyone but fortunately never caught on at the time. Sure I remember seeing something on Chasing Classic Cars.
You've driven a Mini quickly...right?

You've driven a Mini quickly...right?

yes, and they ‘handle’ like shite. Once you run out of front grip (which is not fast) the front end pushes and because the power (what there is) is on the same axle you have no option for oversteer. Sure you can grab the parking brake but handling that is not. Add on torque steer under acceleration and it’s just compromise of the few design.
Handling is a fine dance between steering input and power control that just doesn’t occur when both inputs required are on the same axle.
I know there are plenty of people who disagree and this is a another area where you and I disagree. I really hate fwd, you plainly love it although those reasons are beyond me.

yes, and they ‘handle’ like shite. Once you run out of front grip (which is not fast) the front end pushes and because the power (what there is) is on the same axle you have no option for oversteer. Sure you can grab the parking brake but handling that is not. Add on torque steer under acceleration and it’s just compromise of the few design.
Handling is a fine dance between steering input and power control that just doesn’t occur when both inputs required are on the same axle.
I know there are plenty of people who disagree and this is a another area where you and I disagree. I really hate fwd, you plainly love it although those reasons are beyond me.
So your'e saying it's a drivers car then?
...and you didn't get on with it?! ;)

Talking of RWD - my solstice insurance is up for renewal so I did the usual looking around. Found brentacres website which said that to get insurance, you had provide evidence that you had driven a rwd!!!

Back