LS1 Supercharged Mini

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
1977-Mini-with-a-Supercharged-LSx-V8-01.jpg

0541f5e203861e8f33dcc7ceeb9a224a.jpg

I expect that could be a bit of fun.
https://www.motor1.com/news/359686/ls-engine-swap-mini-cooper-video/

Currently for sale on E-Bay....a snip at £10k....

image.jpeg

Currently for sale on E-Bay....a snip at £10k....

View attachment 159231

That's definitely bizarre and quirky!! lol
As the listing says, a lot of work must have gone into that and I bet it does turn heads!..for all sorts of reasons! lol
Not my cup of tea but would be interesting to see what it looked like with a bright paint job and lots of chrome.

That's definitely bizarre and quirky!! lol
As the listing says, a lot of work must have gone into that and I bet it does turn heads!..for all sorts of reasons! lol
Not my cup of tea but would be interesting to see what it looked like with a bright paint job and lots of chrome.

What it needs is someone to turn it into a Monte Carlo Rally Mini replica hot rod. Now that would look cool and I'm guessing quite unique..... ?

Just WHY

What it needs is someone to turn it into a Monte Carlo Rally Mini replica hot rod. Now that would look cool and I'm guessing quite unique..... ?
Yeah, I was thinking it would be cool if it were themed in some way. It could be quite symbolic. It's just a bit of fun...some of us get it lol :)

Inbreeding, sick sense of humour, desperation, lack of moral compass..... just a few suggestions! ?

I’d be really upset if it was a decent engine, and not some GM factory reject from the 50’s!!!! ??

I had always understood that the Rover V8 was based on an engine that was originally developed for WWII tanks and then further developed by GM for Buick & Oldsmobile.

Inbreeding, sick sense of humour, desperation, lack of moral compass..... just a few suggestions! ?

I’d be really upset if it was a decent engine, and not some GM factory reject from the 50’s!!!! ??
I did know the Rover V8 was all aluminium with steel cylinder liners, but apparently they were made in up to 5 litre capacity and were used in some TVR models. Because of their lightness they have been used a fair bit in motorsports to good effect. But I know little else about the engine really. What's so terrible about them then?

The versions that Followed are a far cry from the versions that GM abandoned.
Also note the emoticons I used on my original post?!

i had a rover 3.5. compared to other GM engines it is rattaly lacked power and thirsty

It gets worse!!! (Or better, depending on your point of view lol)..
People have been hot rodding things like the Ford Popular for generations, so why not Mini's I guess ..
Screenshot_20200307-072924~2.png

Last edited:
Back