Kingspan

Little Deuce Coupe

I saw this in the paper and wondered if anyone had tried it.

Attachments

• 20200213_152720.jpg
    20200213_152720.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 12
Not heard of it, it does sounds interesting through.

The key to any building, whether it's a modern garage or some of the older listed buildings I deal with at work is to allow the building to "breath". Buildings will always let moisture in and trying to prevent it can cause problems as it can also trap the dampness in. Any vent that allows air to circulate should help with condensation problems.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. Also, a builder once told me that when you dry line a single skin wall, leave a gap between the wall inside face and studwork and the insulation. Otherwise damp can become trapped behind the studwork. Same principle I guess.

There are membranes you can use to seal the brickwork off from the studwork. You sandwich it between the studwork and the brick.

Whatever membrane you use you still need to allow the air to circulate between the different layers otherwise moisture can get trapped and cause issues.

kingspan have a factory near me, they supply all the local builder merchants, but never seen the passifier mybe worth trying there website ???
but with above you need to let garage building breath dont want trapped mosture

There are membranes you can use to seal the brickwork off from the studwork. You sandwich it between the studwork and the brick.
You have reminded me AT, the builder guy did mention lining the rear face of the studwork with a membrane of some kind. But as Stephen said, he did say to leave a gap too. I guess a couple of air bricks in the outside wall might help airflow?
Actually, this thread is of particular interest as I am planning to dry line my garage this year.

Last edited:
Back