Guy martin FASTEST ELECTRIC CAR WHO WATCHED???

saleen 192

Core Member
Guy martin fastest electric car on channel 4 and repeated on catch up more 4,
watched it on catch up best bit of tv i have watched in ages, bit of tec bit fun passion from both sides of the fence for electric and petrol ,

Guy martin fastest electric car on channel 4 and repeated on catch up more 4,
watched it on catch up best bit of tv i have watched in ages, bit of tec bit fun passion from both sides of the fence for electric and petrol ,

And an old VW, obviously! Haven't watched it yet, recorded it though. Guy Martin has done some great programs over the last few years.

He sure has both of them showd passion for electric and petrol but you can have the porsche but the driver is mine lol make sence wen you watch it lol. Good TV for a change

Didn't see it, I'll take a look on catch up. Thanks for posting. Sounds like a good watch.

when you watch it check guys phone out

Watched it last night, very good programme. Now I want an electric Beetle And one of those retro Morris Electric vans. My favourite fact though was that Camille Jenatzy, the first man to go over 100 kph in an electric car, was later accidentally shot and killed by his friends while pretending to be a Pig on a hunting trip. 🐷

Don't think moggy will let you have his bettle lol, the van has been used on the bbc travel program, yes i hurd the pig part but didnt really pick up on it , 10.62 fasted down the pod , 1000 quid per battery pack, dont know when is was filmed ? as the pod has new sponer down one lane kestal beer,

Hydrogen may be a better conversion. Lithuim is a rare materiel, its takes many tons of rock crushing to get a few grams of the Lithium material that they make the batteries from. if everyone in the world has an electric car I cant see there would be enough Lithium. Perhaps they will find another material?,

I guess eventually petrol will be gone, and if we want to keep the cars we will need to convert to alternative fuel. Could be an interesting challenge. Finding a place for the batteries and the motors, wouls have the option of 2 or 4 wheel drive., I'll probably opt for rear wheel drive as thats part of the fun of driving the car.

Still not watched that Guy Martin program. I'll do that next week. Had a busy week last week, many skype meetings, lots of work planning.

Hydrogen may be a better conversion. Lithuim is a rare materiel, its takes many tons of rock crushing to get a few grams of the Lithium material that they make the batteries from. if everyone in the world has an electric car I cant see there would be enough Lithium. Perhaps they will find another material?,

I guess eventually petrol will be gone, and if we want to keep the cars we will need to convert to alternative fuel. Could be an interesting challenge. Finding a place for the batteries and the motors, wouls have the option of 2 or 4 wheel drive., I'll probably opt for rear wheel drive as thats part of the fun of driving the car.

Still not watched that Guy Martin program. I'll do that next week. Had a busy week last week, many skype meetings, lots of work planning.

You‘ve hit on one of the great unmentioned debates on the single minded push towards electric vehicles. I don’t think anyone has actually assessed the cumulative effect of the collateral damage that will be caused by obtaining the various metals and minerals required to make it all possible. Mining enough Lithium to create all the batteries required will have a huge environmental impact, not to mention the social impact on the communities where the mining will suddenly be taking place. Also the recharging infrastructure and the huge increase that will be required in electric generation to recharge all the batteries, not to mention the issue with what to do with the batteries at the end of their useful life.

As you rightly point out, there are other alternatives to electric power, such as hydrogen, but they seem to not be being researched as much as they should as the colours of electric power seem to have been irreversibly nailed to the mast. Watching the Goodwood Festival of Speed yesterday and hearing phrases like “this will be the last Lotus ever made with a petrol engine” shows how close it as all getting without the alternatives being researched.

I won’t spoil the Guy Martin programme for you but he does have some interesting and quite practical ideas.

How do they expect joe public who are on minum wage or close to it to be able to buy a NEW electric car and if they can aford a 2nd hand electric car and has been pointed out in various programs the cost of replacement battiers they are not going to be able to affordto repair then so again carsending up in salvage yards i

Found this. May not be totally accurate, but may be?, does make you tihnk of the cost of mining the batteries.

Total fuel consumption of U.S. airlines is approximately 19 billion gallons annually.
Total fuel consumption for mining Ore for construction of electric car batteries is approximately 21 billion gallons annually.
The 21 billion gallons of fuel burned can only produce enough Ore to build 250,000 electric car batteries.
The lifespan of an electric battery is 10 years and is not renewable. By 2050 these batteries will fill landfills with 50 million pounds of waste that does not break down.

so they are trying to stop plastic and other consumables going into landfill so battiers will take there place DOH,

Back