Goodwood after donations

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Had this email come through from Goodwood

I hope all is well given the extraordinary situation we have all been experiencing over the past few months.

Summer is normally an exciting time at Goodwood, as we welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to our headline events. Sadly that’s not to be this year, as we have had to take the decision not to hold the Festival of Speed and Revival in 2020. While ticket holders will be given the option to roll their tickets over into 2021, or request a refund, I very much hope that they will support us in a new initiative, aimed at keeping the spirit of Goodwood motorsport alive, by joining the newly reinvigorated Goodwood Supporters’ Association (GSA). As a friend of Goodwood, I hope that you might consider joining too.

The original GSA was founded 25 years ago, when a group of enthusiasts joined me to help overcome a seemingly insurmountable challenge – bringing racing back to Goodwood Motor Circuit. The challenge we face today is very different, but perhaps even more serious, as it threatens the future of the entire estate. Bringing people together to enjoy the things they love is fundamental to everything we do at Goodwood, so social distancing is having a catastrophic impact on all areas of our business. It is a worrying time, in the face of which we are doing what we can to salvage a future for our events.

We have, of course, placed the safety of our customers and staff above all else, but now we begin to face the implications of the ‘new normal’ as the government attempts to balance the demands of health and the economy. We are hoping that we may be able to keep the flame alive with a ‘behind closed doors’ motorsport occasion in the autumn, for everyone to enjoy at home, but in terms of business the most this will do is limit damage. We count on our headline events to generate all of our operating profit, and their absence has left us with millions in overheads to pay and no income since March, placing not only future events but even the long-term survival of the estate under considerable strain. It is therefore my hope that, with the renewal of the GSA, you may consider standing beside us as we weather this storm.

There are a variety of levels within the GSA, which you can opt into according to the amount you wish to donate. Full details of the levels are listed here. At each level, you will receive a range of exclusive benefits as a gesture of our gratitude for your support in preserving Goodwood’s future. These include a special one-off GSA pin badge to identify you as a lifetime Goodwood supporter, a section of the woodland northwest of the circuit that will be adopted as a symbol of your lasting connection to the estate, and inscribing GSA members’ names on commemorative plaques at the Motor Circuit or within the Festival of Speed site.

I appreciate this is an exceptional request, and ultimately you must do what is best for you and your family. If you do feel able to support us by joining the new GSA, please visit the website and follow the simple instructions.

I wish you all the best, and hope it won’t be too long before I can welcome you back to Goodwood.

Back