Getting the Trans-Am resprayed

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
The body is getting tired, certainly the hood, as the lacquer is peeling off. I have been given a good price to paint the whole car the same colour. so now I have enough funds I will go for it. I have contacted the company to see if they can get it done for the end of March, as I'll need the T/A for going away in April. So watch this space....

Last edited:
No spongebob wrap then ?????

Not this time round. It would certainly be a talk point at shows, so its not off the cards.

Spoke to the painter yesterday, we discussed the decals. He said if I can get the decals I can put them on after paint and before they lacquer it. So I emailed Jay at 3rd gen decals and got a quick reply, all ordered and getting the same as last time. I'll post links in a bit.
This Saturday I'm taking the TA to Romsey to leave there, so it's all happening.
I guess I should create a blog incase I get progress pics....

A quick clean before Saturday, before it goes for new paint.

Top coat is a little loose.

[video=youtube;DrG4AQwNZsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrG4AQwNZsU[/video]

[video=youtube;UriCCev4dYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UriCCev4dYw[/video]

Depends on the sale of the camaro,if i get paint pro or who ever to come out and do local repairs to the camaro i can then use the funds to send the TA for paint.
If i let the RS go cheap then i will be painting the TA

Depends on the sale of the camaro,if i get paint pro or who ever to come out and do local repairs to the camaro i can then use the funds to send the TA for paint.
If i let the RS go cheap then i will be painting the TA

I would advertise the Camaro as is. It only needs someone able to do bodywork to take it on....

Ta dropped off for paint.
IMG_20190302_112413.jpg
IMG_20190302_112420.jpg
IMG_20190302_112436.jpg

Last photo as we hoped in the car to leave.
IMG_20190302_113011.jpg
Looks clean and shiny in the photos.

Hope we get progress photos

Good luck with the respray - it’s exciting when you drop it off as I found with the van :)

The chap had posted a video on facebook
Today's new work came. Full renovation.
As its on Facebook, all I can do is share the link.

There are photos posted from the same chap. I'll try to download and get them on here.

They are also offering a service of repairing and re-chroming wheels. So I have asked them to do them as well.

Be interested price for rechroming as saleen will need doing one day.

As A.T has said aftermarket against rechroming wonder wat differant in cost would be??

received_413101266107767.jpg
Hood being prepped.

Back