FR-S Receives LS1 and All is Right with the World

RSS_Auto_Poster

Written by Jonathon Klein

777.jpg

I used to own the Scion FR-S. It was fun, nimble, and fairly comfortable even on road trips. However, what it wasn"t was fast. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder motor pumped out only about 150 horsepower, and while it was peppy, it was anything but fast. That car, that chassis deserves more. It needs more horsepower to turn it from an ok mediocre sports car to the awesome brilliant machine I know it could be. Luckily, the FR-S" engine bay is big enough to stick whatever motor you want into it. Including the much loved LS.What we have here is an FR-S with an LS1. It"s the 5.3-Liter iron block. It has LS2 heads, and a C6 Z06 cam. It"s also getting ready for a massive turbocharger. However, until then, the LS1 powered FR-S makes 400 horsepower at the rear wheels, which is absolutely a perfect number for the car.Where I would have gone different though is the exterior of the car. It looks too Fast and the Furious and would be much better looking if it appeared stock with only the exhaust noise giving nod to what lies beneath its humble hood. What do you all think, should everything get an LS swap, or is this taking things too far? Or alternatively, not far enough?Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>Tags: FR-S, ls1, Scion, Swap, Video

Date: December 9, 2015
More of this article on the LS1 Tech website

ID: 777

Back