Ford Mustang air bag recall 2005-2014

Chriswrx123

Premier Users
For many years ford US has been replacing faulty air bags on the 2005-2014 mustangs but the recall has always been a problem over here mainly due to ford uk not knowing about it vin numbers not showing on there system etc last week dvla issued a recall for this which if you know go to ford uk they seem to want to sort it out. Up shot of this is that my 2005 stang is going into my local dealer next week to have this work due free of charge

Interesting keep us posted :thumb:

That reminds me, the airbags on the Challenger are covered by the local Chrysler dealership and there is a recall on those too.

do they say what the fault is?
Not going off?
Going off unexpectedly?
Going off with soo much force it's damaging people?

Re the ford recall bag go off under sudden temp change think a couple of people have been killed in the states due to it hence the recall which up until last week was only state side but is now a global recall

Was it the air bag and Vaping that kills people? Driving, Airbags, Vaping... | E-Cigarette Foru
I wonder if anyone has had it rammed down their throat when the airbag goes off.

On another note, huge heathland blaze near bornemouth possibly caused by a fag chucked out of a window. They are still fighting the blase now.
I'm going off on a tangent, not airbag related...

On another note, huge heathland blaze near bornemouth possibly caused by a fag chucked out of a window. They are still fighting the blase now.
I'm going off on a tangent, not airbag related...

Are you sure, it could have been a breast enhanced blonde who threw her cigarette end away as her last customer opened the back door of the car!!

:blushing:

Are you sure, it could have been a breast enhanced blonde who threw her cigarette end away as her last customer opened the back door of the car!!

:blushing:

:rofl::clap2:

Well mustang went to my local ford dealer today and the air bag recall work has all been sorted at not cost to me so thanks ford U.K.

Nice outcome ;)

Ha ha ha - whats that word you speak of????

I read today that the company who manufactured these airbags has now gone bust.
I guess the automotive companies are able to get the cost of the recall back from the airbag manufacturer and they couldn't cope with the financial strain.
I wonder what their loss insurers will make of the ongoing cost?

Not surprising they went bust. I bet the car manufacturers price squeeze them to supply them. Say if the air bag cost is $20, the manufacturers may only be making $5 per unit, yet due to the recall, probably the labour of changing the air bag in the car could be sending them a bill of $200. A huge cost to swallow.

Back