Cosham car meet

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Will let me know about a local car meet that was on last night. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but was good to visit something like this for a change. Everyone behaved really well, and they all have an interest in cars and were talking to each other about cars. A great atmosphere. I didn't take many photos. What was great is every car was unique, every car you walked passed was different to the last, unlike some car shows you can go to where you have a row of the same car and you like look at one and skip the row.

IMG_20200807_194640.jpg

IMG_20200807_200034.jpg
IMG_20200807_204102.jpg
IMG_20200807_204126.jpg
IMG_20200807_204207.jpg
IMG_20200807_204316.jpg

Will found a video of cars leaving. Myself and will leaving around 5:27mins in

Last edited:
I found it interesting too, the atmosphere was great, really vibrant. The machinery there was so diverse and there was no elitist behaviour, everyone seemed to be interested in everything. If there is one thing I can't stand it's car snobbery - owners who look down their noses at those with differing tastes. We are all petrol heads after all, just with our own specific interests. There is no right or wrong, each to his own. It was a real eye opener, I'd definitely go to more events like that.

Is this the South Coast Cars meet at the Tax Office? They've been meeting there for a couple of years now every couple of weeks. I think they moved their meets there after all the hassle at the D-Day museum.

Is this the South Coast Cars meet at the Tax Office? They've been meeting there for a couple of years now every couple of weeks. I think they moved their meets there after all the hassle at the D-Day museum.
Yeah thats the place the Tax office.
Screenshot_20200807_203227_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Then I’m a snob and proud of it. I’ll stick to the shows I enjoy.

That you are not my dear - you have just worked god damn hard all your life to be able to be able to afford something that makes you happy. That is not called snobbery - that is called “well done!!”

Liberal!!?? :unsure:. Accomodating is probably a more apt word in this instance, we're only taking about car preference :ROFLMAO:
I absolutely respect someone who has worked hard for what they have (which is probably most of us). I was referring to car snobs in the context of people who like what they like, but hate everything else and look down upon those others as inferior idiots for their own tastes.

I went to a show along time ago, and always remember the comment a corvette owner made "when are you working your way up to a corvette?" I just ignored him as there would be nothing nice to say in reply.

Liberal!!?? :unsure:. Accomodating is probably a more apt word in this instance, we're only taking about car preference :ROFLMAO:
I absolutely respect someone who has worked hard for what they have (which is probably most of us). I was referring to car snobs in the context of people who like what they like, but hate everything else and look down upon those others as inferior idiots for their own tastes.

Rolfpmsl!

My lad went to this and see your motor Dan,he remembers when it was red when we had a run from goodwood to hayling show,,,,while we are on the show page let’s not get bogged down with personal views on events,,,,just be pleased that people are taking the time to organise shows regardless of what make/model/style of car gets there,,,,we are ALL petrol heads of some description so let’s pull together and not pull apart as some events in the future may well disappear

Attachments

• 0AF089E4-88A6-4668-A39E-5A47F909F6F5.jpeg
    0AF089E4-88A6-4668-A39E-5A47F909F6F5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 5620A04D-5335-4E4E-B4AB-7B1E6CD02714.jpeg
    5620A04D-5335-4E4E-B4AB-7B1E6CD02714.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Oh man the 300 never made the vid lol was nice to see u guys

Oh man the 300 never made the vid lol was nice to see u guys
I could be up for going to another one. Will had a play with a BMW up the hill. I had a focus next to me wanting to play.
Great to get out in the car.

Back