Club night and Season opener

malc 23

Core Member
Hi All
Spoke to Alex last club night about club nights for january 2013, as pub is closed for refurb we can use lounge bar in Innlodge side and their car park. The date for first club night is 15th January.
We need a large turnout of club members that night as some important decisions will need to be made. Alex is leaving the Farmhouse therefore the new manager may not want us for club nights or the car shows thats the bad news, now the good news Alex is moving to the Seagull at Porchester and would be very happy for us to move club nights and shows to there.

So if you want to have some input into what is happening then please be at the club night on the 15th, i'm not running the club but am quite happy to chair this meeting if thats ok.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
Malc

Thanks Malc, I did like the Seagull. I think the ban has been lifted now(christmas food fight) I wonder if the 4x4 club still attend the Seagul? We seemed to clash at times as they has large vehicles and so do we so we filled it up quick.
The car park would be small for a season show. Its not a bad pub though. Its were we started, back to the roots. :)

yes dan , i remember many club nights at the seagull , ( AND THE FOOD FIGHT ) i dont think the 4x4 club still meet there , it might be the change the club needs .....:mod:

i enjoyed the club at the seagull :) at least im at the age now that i wont get kicked out at 10pm hehehe :) xx

We used to go to the Seagull on a thursday so if the 4x4 do still meet it wont be a prob I liked the seagull as well, and Malc you go for it, The farmhouse will miss Alex, he has been good to the Renegades, have a good xmas everyone take care xx

woud the seagull car park be big enough for season opener show or any show ??? we had 90 cars at end of season show . not sure you'd get 90 cars in seagull car park ???

hi matt , i think 40 cars tops , and that would be a tight fit , but as jan said alex has been good to the club , who knows wat the next manager is going to be like ( it might even be a women........) merry xmas to all .

I think it is certainly something to talk about, but I know I haven't got a problem with going. Aimee was saying only the other day how the Seagull has been revamped and looking fantastic!!

woud the seagull car park be big enough for season opener show or any show ??? we had 90 cars at end of season show . not sure you'd get 90 cars in seagull car park ???

Matt you said a while ago about having our own show again in the summer so we could cease this opportunity to have one again instead of tagging along to the VW one :)

yes that wud be awesome . we need to way up both options . the new manager cud be a big petrol head and surely wudnt wanna lose the revenue we bring to the pub . i love the seagull used to drink there a lot my only concern is the car park . will be tight even for club nites
xx

I think it would be worth at least finding out where we stand with the new manager before making any definative decisions, I vaguely know the Seagull and as others have said, I don't think holding shows there would be an option due to space. Lets have our meeting on the 15th and see what everyone thinks, but my view is that the Farmhouse is kind of the best venue we are likely to find. And to be honest the new manager would be a mug to turn us away with the amount of money we put into the place as a club.....

So my 2 eggs worth are that we first need to get the club back up and running before we even start thinking about shows and things and perhaps a change of venue is what this club needs. I liked the seagull too and so perhaps this is the change it needs. Alex has been very good to us over the years and if he is prepared for us to hold our meetings there then that's great. If we can get this club back to its former glory then we may even be able to start our summer shows elsewhere as before.

I know i have been a bit distant over the last couple of months but i am prepared to give this club everything again as long as i am not alone. And Malc i am more than happy for you to chair the meeting as we still need to have someone who can be a go between and i couldn't think of any one else better for the job. Of course i will help you, as i am sure others will too, in any way that i can.

How exciting!!! New year - new start me thinks :)

Had a little chat with Alex tonight. Club night on the 15th Jan and the next few following club nights will be held in 'The Lounge' of the Farmhouse due to refurbishment. To get to this park your vehicle in the hotel car park (round the other side of the farmhouse) go in the double doors, turn left walk a bit, then turn right, that room is called 'The Lounge'

Alex is going to be working at the Seagull pub temporarily during refurbishment. In March he may or may not move to the Seagull, he says nothing is definite yet, so he may be staying at the Farmhouse.

See you all on the 15th Jan.
Alex would love to have us host the Season opener at the Farmhouse on the Sunday 21st April 2013.

Ah ha!!! Not so confused now. Looking forward to the 15th now :)

thought last nites club was to discuss stayin or goin to seagull or did i misss that bit .

If no changes are discussed you can assume there are no changes :dance:

I can't see us moving to be honest, you could have said something Matt maybe?

Thats what I thought, maybe we wern't invited to that bit....

no mate not been there long enuff lol

miss g me talk really ?????? cant do that

Back