Classic C10 Long Bed Custom Cab shop truck For Sale (1966)

RSS_Auto_Poster

2618.jpg

This is a 1966 Chevrolet C10 Shop truck Long Bed Custom with factory 283 V8 engine and a manual 4 speed shifter on the floor.<br />
<br />
All UK import duties and taxes have been paid; truck will come with NOVA registration advice so it can be registered with the DVLA. This is an original California truck with clear original US title, visible Vin and Body Tags, and matching original Folsom Prison Black and Yellow CA Plates.<br />
<br />
Previous owner cleaned the fuel tank, fuel lines, replaced the (new) mechanical fuel pump, and it sports a 2 barrel Rochester carburettor. Fresh rebuilt radiator, new hoses, factory shroud, and brand new water pump, engine runs well with no misfires. Also, has a fairly new Napa 12V battery, remanufactured AC Delco Alternator.<br />
<br />
Four speed Manual transmission shifts through all the gears smoothly with selection made on a factory long floor shifter. <br />
Has a newer master cylinder and recently adjusted brakes, seems to stop ok with plenty of pedal, obviously not power assisted but good for a truck of this age... Has been lowered (approx. 4 inches) with CPP lowering springs, and factory C10 trailing arms makes this a great candidate for air ride suspension.<br />
<br />
Windscreen and rear glass is good, both have new rubber seals, the door glass is chip and crack free.<br />
<br />
The Original seat shows very well and is comfortable with an older re-upholstery job in Blood Red. The dash is complete with deluxe gauges, ash tray, and functioning glove box. Stock door panels are complete less the side arm rest.<br />
<br />
All gauges appear to work and be accurate, has brand new carpet kit, deluxe steering wheel with chrome centre. You can see that it had an aftermarket indicator switch fitted but this has been removed; I have another one that I can provide at cost with the truck. Headlights (dip and main beam) and tail lights work, side lights and indicators need sorting.<br />
<br />
The body is all original Chevy steel, has an older repaint that shows its age, cool patina as is . There are some areas of visible rust bubbles under the paint on this truck and in the fender corners (see pics) with older signs of repair - zero rot. <br />
<br />
Has Custom Cab Stainless Trim on the fenders and doors, the side trim is missing on the bed but I have ordered the larger pieces (top sections) from LMC Truck, and again these can go with the truck for the right price. Commercial painted bumper in the front with original Commercial 66" grill and Heavy Duty Barden Bumper with tow package in the rear. The pickup bed has 70% of the original wood under the newer and very usable bed liner, great for moving parts, choppers, or trips to dump and Homebase ..<br />
<br />
This truck sits on 15" 6 lug chrome steelies with spinners that have patina to match the rest of the truck, tyres are almost new 255/70/15 Cooper Cobra Radial G/T s. Wheels and tyres fill the arches out nicely and add to the overall look. Comes with drum brakes all round.<br />
<br />
This is a cool old pick-up, not too many like this around, for someone to either sort and just enjoy as a driver, or take to the next level.<br />
<br />
Thanks for looking, please do not make silly offers, you re wasting your time and mine, no part exchanges, tyre kickers will not be tolerated. If you want to make a serious offer and are interested, please call or text and I ll try to answer any questions. <br />
<br />
Please remember that this is a 50 year old truck, not a new one, no warranty, no refunds, sold as seen, you buy it solely on this understanding.<br />

Date written: 19-Mar-2016

Price: £6995 Or near offer

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 2618

Back