Chip tuning

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
As most of you know I plug in my laptop into the Trans-Am to do some tweaking. This gives you a whole range of functions including some functions to damage the engine if you really wanted, although I try to avoid that.

Have you ever wanted to tweak your daily driver for better efficiency or more power. Well I came across this Definition of chiptuning website, its basically a plug in module that the user can get extra power from the engine.

The operation is really simple: The electronic of the additional device modifies the engine control in real time. You optimize the maps several thousand times per second and thus create a significant and directly noticeable power improvement. At the same time ? when your road behaviour is the same ? the fuel consumption can be reduced.

With this kind of Chiptuning the engine protection programme remains unchanged. There?s no risk to overload individual engine components. If a top speed limitation (V-Max) is determined for your vehicle, it?ll remain. Also the original software of the vehicle remains unchanged.

They fit many different vehicles too,
View attachment 26059

Back