CB slang talk

saleen 192

Core Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great, nice find. the Smokey and Bandit theme music says quite a lot of them.

Last edited:
There is alot to remember couldn't remember them all surprising how many were used in the film if you read the list some strange ones in there

Good thread Darren and interesting link 👍.
It's Amazing how many CB slang terms there are. I was into CB in the late 70's early 80's and remember some of the terms and the 10 code too.
I can remember a few slang terms for the local area..
The Ash Tray - The Viewpoint on Portsdown Hill.
The Big Diamond - The Isle Of Wight.
The Clock - St Mary's Church, Fratton.

10 -10 till we do it again! 😁

Another damn good movie for CB talk is Convoy. The whole movie is actually on YouTube!
Here's the movie theme tune which I'm sure we all remember well lol 😉...

Had there own magazine bit like custom car
Screenshot_20210226_073634_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Why is the US one more appealing. Lol.

i did have a CB back in the day but don't remember the magazines. had 3 in total started with a basic 40 channel [forgot make ] swapped that for a stalker 9 120 channel plus upper and lower side band am/fm that got nicked out my car then got a 80 channel gave up when it became legal

Not sure if its making a come back or not? but the lorry drivers and some site diggers road workers use them plus the farms and some car road cruises road trips use them around these parts

Looking on e bay not that expensive

Handy for cruises, say if someone needs to pull over we know why etc... Or if someone stuck at lights. When cruising with like 10 cars it's a long way to look back to see you have everyone.

Back