Bleeding Brakes on the TA

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I think it is time to bleed the brakes. It was done after the engine rebuild back in 2017. I have newish discs and pads which have been bedded in with the correct procedure in the instructions with the discs and pads.
There is a slight imbalance from left to right. The garage offered me a brake bleeded tool. It presurises fluid, you can pump it to what you desire, he recommended 15psi. Then you crack off the bleeded on each caliper individually. The brake pressurising tool also pumps in fluid. This is going to make the job quick and simple.
Probably won't take any longer than it took me to write this email.
I will get photos, I know the rules. :)

You swearing at your car (bleeding BRAKES LOL)
never used brake bleeding air tool seen them in action have used a non return tool but just have someone pumping break pedel when i go round bleeding

Good luck with bleeding the TA brakes Dan. Sounds like that tool you have should do the trick.
I have a vacuum brake bleeder kit. It is basically a small hand operated vacuum pump with detachable pipes and a little resovior. You just attach it to each bleed nipple in turn and in the correct order for the system, open the nipple and begin pumping... remembering to top up the car's fluid reservoir of course! It works quite will. The only minor thing I have found with it is a false indication of a tiny amount of air coming out sometimes, which I think is air being drawn in via the bleed nipple thread by the vacuum.
Other than that it does the job fine.

Wheel off already to go.
IMG_20200502_121436.jpg

Find that the tool requires a screw cap, mine is 1/4 turn type arrangement.
IMG_20200502_121832.jpg

IMG_20200502_122019.jpg

So done it the old fashion way, got Sarah to press the pedal while I loosen and tighten the valve.
Done the front 2. Just rears to do next.

Agree will got the same prefur the old fashioned way have helper or swmnbo doing some work lol

Never heard of that type of bleed nipple,

You just lossen it off half a turn, when you press the pedal fliud comes out. It has a pin inside and a spring so when no pressure it closes. Once you finish pumping the pedal you just nip it up tight.
I have a pair for the front too, just not fitted them, had them ages like over 10 years.

So wen you bleed the fronts you could of fitted them???

So wen you bleed the fronts you could of fitted them???
Yeah could have done. I have put them somewhere safe, saw them less than a year ago.

i had some years ago didn't know they where still available

So done it the old fashion way, got Sarah to press the pedal while I loosen and tighten the valve.
Done the front 2. Just rears to do next.

Correct procedure is to start on the brakes furthest from the master cylinder and work towards closest.
RR/lR/FR/FL

Correct procedure is to start on the brakes furthest from the master cylinder and work towards closest.
RR/lR/FR/FL
Doh!, done the rears in the right order, I can redo the fronts.

The last time I bled my brakes the person pressing the pedals was very hard of hearing, my blood pressure was rising and it nearly ended up as a bleeding murder!

Excuses the pun bleeding murder lol.

Back