Black Magic - Under New Management - The Next Generation Pt 2.

MRKRYS69

Core Member
How Jamie got his name!!

From the moment we found out that Clarissa was pregnant the debate started over names, I was pretty easy going, Ford for a boy, Capri for a girl, I saw these to be a both sensible and practical idea, unfortunately Clarissa was not quite so enthusiastic.

Weeks that followed saw quite a few different ideas, me wanting really unusual and individual, even some made up names, but most of them revolving around the Ford Basis.

It was on a summers day, July 11th 2009 to be precise, that we were at Clarissa's mum's house when we both finally found a name that we both agreed on, Jamie, although we both thought this was only a possible answer to the task, afterall this child would have to wear this name for the whole of his life.

That evening we were driving home, it must have been about 1am, we were entering West Wittering, when I noticed something glistening in a hedge as we shot past, for some strange reason I decided to go back and have a look, it was a Ford Ka that had lost control on the corned and gone down the ditch but was mainly hidden behind a hedge. As I approached the car I saw there was someone in there, and he wasn't moving!! Luckily when I got to the car the guy inside was most definately alive, I got the door open and he tried getting out but his leg was trapped under the seat, only thing I could do was call the Emergency Services, once that call was done I sat with the lad and kept him occupied, got his phone number so that I could call his parents and get them to meet him at the hospital. Just as I was about to call them I said, 'So lad, Whats your name', He replied with 'Jamie'.

Once the Emergency services got there, there wasn't anything else I could do, so I took Clarissa home. But that wasn't enough, so I went back to the scene to see how he was doing, one of the policeman said that it was very touch and go, and that they would be there releasing him, for a number of hours. At this point I thought I would go to the hospital, as I had told his parents to meet him there and they would just be panicking, waiting with no information coming their way. I met them out the front, and automatically knew it was them. I stayed there for a couple of hours til Jamie arrived, at which point I disapearred.

Next day the parents were at the crash site, they told me that Jamie had a severely broken leg, but would be ok.

I am still in contact with Jamie on facebook, but to this day we have still not met up, although he says he is in much better shape, he is still undergoing operations on that leg.

As for naming my son, well you can't get a much clearer sign than that!!

I have told this story to a few people and most think it is a bit far fetched, so here are some pics of the Ka just for those of you out there with a fetish for twisted metal....

View attachment 2174
View attachment 2175
This one gives you an idea of just how trapped the poor lad was!!
View attachment 2176

Poor Jamie, yeh sure does look a bit of a mess on drivers side, glad you decided to go back and check it ou,t or a different story could have been being told, and nice that you still have contact with him. As for a sign that it was good name choice for 'your' Jamie, it doesn't come much better than that :)

Back