Battery Charger

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I have a very old Halford battery charger, which is great when you dont want a processor interfeering with your charge. It delivers up to around 7 amps, and had it since around 1995. Still works a treat.

Due to not really driving the car much these days and a nice shiney new battery fitted. I dont want to disconnect the terminals to stop it slowly getting drained. I dont want to attached my (bull in a china shop) halfords charger either when the battery is in the car.

Rather invest in a battery condition thingy. So ordered one of these https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/ctek-mxs-5-0-battery-charger-ctek56-975/
cte_lithium-mxs-5-0.jpg

I have been meaning to invest in one for some time. Great for when you dont use the car, it just keeps things topped up.

I have something similar. But so far the Challenger hasn’t shown any signs of struggling even after 6 weeks, so not bothered.
Used one all the time with my 4th gen TA and the Z06.

Arrived today, its now on the T/A. The socket I installed yesterday in the garage for the charger was done just in time. Saves running extention leads. Nice well made charger, with great detailed instructions.
More details on the one I chose:- https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-5-0

I have the Clarke's version, given away with a subscription for Practical classics mag, had it for over eight years, it sits on top of the battery in the shed running my radio, does what it says on the tin!! Off track a little, my previous wife thought it was funny to turn the power off to the shed whilst I was working, so the radio died, quick rethink with an old 12 v car radio and I have music, she never found why the radio never went off, this eventually cured her of turning the power off, two years later she upped and left, been bliss ever since !!!

I have the Clarke's version, given away with a subscription for Practical classics mag, had it for over eight years, it sits on top of the battery in the shed running my radio, does what it says on the tin!! Off track a little, my previous wife thought it was funny to turn the power off to the shed whilst I was working, so the radio died, quick rethink with an old 12 v car radio and I have music, she never found why the radio never went off, this eventually cured her of turning the power off, two years later she upped and left, been bliss ever since !!!
Sounds like good reason for divorce to me.

Back