Adding a photo album

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Neo has mention an issue with adding a photo albums. I've not come across this issue yet, but ready to dive right in. Any details on this error?

It was working before the issue started... but its almost as if I sparked an anti-spam script or something along those lines, as it was working like a dream.

It started when I was informed I was limited to 100 photos per album. So I, stupidly, deleted everything (even the photos I had uploaded) and started again (as I wanted to re-organize the photos in a certain order, as it seemed at the time I would have to make 3 separate albums to upload everything), TWICE! I believe on the third go I started to get the following error when I went to edit the photos that were uploaded...but ended up having to delet everything, again. On the fourth go, I do believe, I got the following "error" message once I click the "save changes" on the "Add Album" form --

Screenshot 2015-07-12 15.48.43.jpg

Error message is also seen when clicking on these albums that are created in conjunction of gettin the error message when I created the album, mentioned above.

HOWEVER, I just created a test album...and everything is working. SO THIS POST IS INVALID :bq170:

OK! I have been playing around with things and these are my findings --

- Since the start of this thread I have been able to create two new albums again without the error message popping up the moment I create the album. Not sure what change was other than Admin panel being accessed.

- I am able to delete these two NEW test albums (unlike the erroneous ones)

- I have examined the URLs of working albums and erroneous ones. For whatever reason, on the erroneous albums, if I remove the last bit "-a" before the html end, the album works and I can view it. But I cannot view it at its given URL that the forum album creator script has given them. I now have the ability to EDIT the album, and have proceeded to delete two of the three erroneous albums.

- HOWEVER!!! Remaining third erroneous album isn't rectified by removing the "-a" in the URL. I still get same error message...and I will be playing with it a bit more. In the meantime, the album is here - http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/neo53-albums-goodwood-festival-of-speed-2015-part-1-a.html

Hopefully something will be of use to someone.

I have increased the amount of photos per album to 350 photos, so this will help one issue.

Just going to pop into the database to see what else is occurring.

If an album is created and deleted then it wont allow another with the same name. It creates URL rewrite rules in another table, so things get in a bit of a muddle when albums are removed I guess its two products which don't totally comply with each other.

Give it another go, see what happens. :)

Third erroneous album was not there when I went to prod it with the Wooden Spoon of Shame. I can only conclude JOB DONE! And ...that I was the root of the cause, haa haa! Eh well. Learned my lesson :p

BUT!! GOT 350 PHOTO SLOT PER ALBUM FOR IT! WOOOO!!!

Thanks Dan! :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say you done anything wrong. I'd say its the forum not being forgiving if you want to remove an album.
If you find 350 photos per album isn't enough just let me know. you till may want to limit yourself to uploading 100 at a time, you can keep adding to the album up to 350. But what I find is uploading more than 80 photos, each photo there after seems to have a larger and larger gap between each image upload.
It would be nice to set up 350 images and leave it going, but I believe it times out in the end.

Thanks for the warning on the uploads. Will keep that in mind, but for now? I am off to bed! Well get to it tomorrow after I have some coffee ;)

Thanks again!

Its done it again!! :panda-emoticon-18:

It seems I am no longer allowed to create an album called "Goodwood Festival of Speed 2015". I have been DENIED :p

Last edited:
EDIT: I see your first 100 photos have been added to the album. :p

I was done dicking around so created a new, and final album, and uploaded there. Should be completed now :)

Deleted "old" album ;)

Someone on the Southsea cruise mentioned about having instructions to adding an album would be most helpful. We have a keen member with many photos, so I think my task some time in the near future to do a step by step guide. Then popping it into the Hints 7 Tip forum, http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/forum-hints-tips/

Back