accident repair garages

Hi chaps, my son has had an unfortunate accident in his 1996 Transam and the car is in a bit of a state.
His insurance company wants him to submit quotes, so are there any really good garages you'd recommend that are good with American vehicles?
Thank you

Yeah he's fine thanks, but being his first American car and having it only two weeks he's quite upset about it.
The problem is that the car hit a barrier nose first then it snapped round to hit the right rear quarter on the barrier, so it needs a new front and rear bumper plus some dent pulling. Luckily no mechanical damage it's all bodywork but getting the parts have so far rendered his car uneconomical to repair.
Also just yesterday an old lady scraped down the side of my Formula and didn't stop.She's left scuffs and scrapes on the door and rear wing and also some dents too, luckily I have a dash cam so I hope she smiled for the camera.

Last edited:
That would be too much work for us, plus not all the parts are available.
The biggest issue would be pulling out the rear panel the the lights attach to since it hit the right corner and has pushed it in causing the hatch to not shut properly.

Then I’ll have to leave it to the guys more local than me to make some body shop recommendations.
Which parts have you not been able to find?

Try Torma Attila. They quoted to respray my whole car for around £1600. They have come along to a few club meets. They have a caddy and restored it and looks great. They have a garage based in Romsey. I don't know if they have a website, he is on Facebook. I have a business card at home if you were interested to go that way. They do like their American cars. They came from Hungary.

Back