1977 Dodge w200 ex USAF For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

16862.uk

This is an ex USAF Dodge W200 Pickup, classed by the USAF as an M884 CUCV. It left the air force and came into civilian hands in 1989. It underwent a full respray in 2009 and remains in exceptional appearance today except for a few inevitable chips and scratches. It has been stored inside for most of its life which has contributed to its good condition inside and out. There is no filler but just a couple of minor bubbles on one lower doorskin. <br />
It has a genuine 17,000 miles on the clock so everything is mechanically tight, the engine and transmission are leak free and perform perfectly.<br />
It has power brakes with huge front discs that are extremely effective, however it has no power steering and large wheels so you need strong arms to manoeuvre it in tight spaces, but out on the road it is a breeze. <br />
It has bespoke made stainless side exit exhausts that are very loud and turn plenty of heads.<br />
The transmission is a 727 Torqueflite and permanent 4 wheel drive transfer box with high and low diff lock option, it certainly feels pretty unstoppable.<br />
It is currently on a Q plate hence still needs an MOT despite being old enough to qualify for VHI status, there is 8-9 months MOT remaining at present. If you belong to a car club or organisation it is easy to have the vehicle dated and reassigned on an age related plate to take advantage of the benefits that brings.<br />
Overall I will be sad to see this truck go as it"s been a great experience to own for the last 4 years, but the time has to come to sell as I am losing my storage unit shortly. <br />
Thanks and happy bidding, any questions please ring Mick.<br />

Date written: 10-Sep-2019

Price: <td><strong>£8000 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 16862

Back