1964 Ford Mustang Coupe. 289 D code, 4 speed For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

16894.uk

Regrettably for sale due to lack of use, space and other interests.<br />
<br />
This is a 64.5 D code Dearborn built car. It has the original date code 289 4 barrel engine and 4 speed manual transmission with centre console. If you know your mustangs you will know this is quite rare. I looked far and wide when I bought this car and it really is a cut above the rest.<br />
<br />
The car is very original. It retains its factory 4 barrel carb (rebuilt) and generator setup. I believe the engine has been rebuilt at some time and I have some receipts for work carried out in the past. Starts instantly and runs really well. It is a brisk performer. It is clean under the bonnet and not messed about with. It retains the rare 64.5 factory parts.<br />
<br />
The interior is original and untouched, in superb condition. No rips or tears, original headliner, looks to be original carpets, etc. Again, it retains its rare 64.5 factory parts/details. Working factory radio.<br />
<br />
The bodywork is in immaculate condition. It is an older repaint, but there is barely a mark on it. No rust/rot anywhere. Panels are all super straight. Bonnet has been replaced at some time. Door gaps are good. Underneath is undersealed, looks very solid and I"ve not touched it.<br />
<br />
I"ve resisted changing much from factory spec. The car has a new set of Torque Thrust wheels and tyres but will come with factory wheels and hubcaps too (with new white band tyres). I have fitted less restrictive flowmaster 44"s in the factory exhaust location and side exit tailpipes. Could easily be returned to stock. Other than that, the car is as it left the factory.<br />
<br />
I don"t think there is a better D code car available. SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE. Looking for 27.5k or a very near offer. No PX"s please.<br />
<br />

Date written: 12-Sep-2019

Price: <td><strong>£27500 Or near offer

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 16894

Back