1973 Chevy Nova

Darren

Core Member
On the 23rd of January, I became the proud owner of a 1973 Chevy Nova with a genuine millage of just over 52,000 miles since she was manufactured, the week beginning November 6th, 1972. This car is my every day car, though I d have a motorbike that I use for most of my commuting.

At the moment the car is pretty much stock engine wise. She has the stock 350 small block which unfortunately was produced at the start of the 70's oil crunch, so is down on power compared to a 1970 Nova. I fully intend to rectify this and have already started by removing the carbon filter and related system from the car.

The next step will be to get a new inlet manifold so that I can junk the EGR valve, fit my Rochester Quadrajet which will give me more gas miles when driving normally and bigger smiles when my foot gets heavier. I've currently got my eye on a Holley #300-36 inlet manifold which is based on the high rise Camero Z28 dual plane intake, but failing that I'll probably get an Edelbrock Performer #2101. After that, I'll be looking at headers and a performance exhaust, but that'll be a way down the road.

There are a few things that I've got planed for the car, some will happen sooner than others, but here's a little list:
  • Fit brake servo
  • Change the interior to black
  • Fit a sound system
  • Fit reversing camera with integrated reversing lights
  • Fit a new intake manifold, Quadrajet, baffled rocker covers, and air filter
  • Fit a nice loud performance exhaust and headers *
  • Body and Paint work (car will be sprayed Dogde Plumb Crazy) *
  • Fit different heads to increase the compression ratio *
  • Fit a performance cam *
  • Fit a 12bolt positraction rear axel *
  • I've not researched this one enough yet, but I may look at replacing my TH350 with a TH400 transmission*
I'm sure there's more, but that'll keep me going for a while. (*long term goal)

There's more info about my Nova at my web site http://www.darrenlines.co.uk/chevy.php

Back